Sunday, February 17, 2013



Again a call in to Coast to Coast am on December 10, 2004.  We are just reporting what was said and do not have an opinion, either way.  It was a phenomenal case however!

George Noory:  Next up... let's go to our first time caller line.  Hi
Male caller:  How are you doing tonight, George?
George:  I'm doing great.
Caller:  George, my name is ___ and I'm from St. George, Utah.  I'm an excommunicated member and elder of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

George:  Okay, excommunicated - what happened?

Caller:  George back in 1973 I was a member of The Church of Senior Leadership, the Quorum of the Seventy - are you very familiar with the Churches hierarchy at all?
George:  No - I'm..., and is this 'Truth or Trash'? or is this just.
Caller:  Yes, truth - Truth or Trash
George:  a Story.

Caller:  A member of the Quorum of the Seventy, which - it sits directly below the first presidency.  And I was in the Salt Lake Temple at the time - I was preparing myself in prayer and... the required garments that we were all required for sacred temple ordinances and in route to the great Celestial Room, in the northeast corner of the Salt Lake Temple.

I'll never forget this, George.  It was about half past eleven when the elders had all gathered and knelt in prayer in preparation for Elohim's arrival.

Through the granite wall...came a hand.. bearing a hat... resembling that of a man of the mid to late 1800s and... shortly thereafter that another came through bearing three stones which, one of history would know them to be seer stones.  And shortly thereafter that the entire body... of the churches founding prophet and president Joseph Smith appeared to all of us there... in that Celestial Room.

George:  Who was, I think, killed in Illinois, wasn't he?

Caller:  He was killed in Illinois, in fact.  And, he was martyred on behalf of the church, and it was...

I don't think my heart has beat... a full beat since that day.  It's still back there, because... in preparation for Elohim, and to then be... replaced by Joseph Smith was, was something that I - and I'm sure everyone there will never forget.  I took the story with me in such shock - to the Salt Lake papers.. two to three days afterwards after I had spoke with my wife - who's no longer with us and...

After that I was visited at my home by... a few members of the church, and I was asked to leave the city of Salt Lake, and I have, I have not returned since.

George:  I'm, because we're running out of time - at least for this portion - I am going to be the jury on this one.  And I'm going to say... that, uh - at least you believe this to be true.
Caller:  You're very right.
George:  And - and- there's no doubt you would not have made up a story like that.
Caller:  That's - it's unbelievable.
George:  Did other people believe you?
Caller:  Uuhh... and there's - belief is very hard to describe it - if some people - beliefs are... covered... by their fears.  And they won't let their beliefs come through when their fears are... suffocating them - if you know what I mean.

George:  Sure.

Caller:  And.. I think... the people that I talk to that have been forced down a certain  - a line of thinking, so to speak, for their entire lives would not open their minds up to the horizon... of possibilities that this... did happen.

George:  Were you angry... because you were excommunicated?

Caller:  They say the truth will set you free, and it does set you free.  I know what happened that day, and so does the other sixty-nine Quorum members that were there, and the three members of the First Presidency.

George:  And that's the - and that's all that matters.  Thanks for the story,. appreciate it.  I believe that to be true, at least, based on what you feel, and that, right now is the most important thing.

I'll be back in a moment, open lines continue, 'Truth or Trash' continues.  I'm George Noory... and this is Coast to Coast AM.

No comments: