Friday, January 27, 2012

LOU FARISH

From: Jerry Blackburn <jbmac05@mac.com>
Date: Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Subject: Lou Farish
To: 


Friends of Lou,

I'm sorry to have to tell you that Lou died of cancer this afternoon at 4:55 PM CST in Morrilton, Arkansas at the River Chase Rehabilitation and Care Center where he had been under hospice care since early September.  He died peacefully, was not in pain, and was surrounded by a small group of friends.  A memorial service is tentatively planned for 2:00 PM on Saturday, February 4, at the Harris Funeral Home in Morrilton, AR.  Confirmation of the date and time will be in an obituary to be posted in a day or two on the Harris Funeral Home website at www.harrisfuneralhomes.net.  If I can provide additional information, please let me know.

If you cannot attend Lou's memorial service, but would like to send me a short statement to be read at the service about how you knew and/or will remember Lou, I will be glad to do that for you.  We may also include these statements in a program to remember Lou this April at the Ozark UFO Conference in Eureka Springs.  Also, if you have any favorite photos of Lou that we can use in the service, I would appreciate it if you would scan or photograph them and send them to me, and especially any early photos from the 70s and 80s.  I have attached below one of the last photos of Lou, taken with myself outside the nursing home in mid-November.

Since Lou did not have a wife, children or siblings, he left his estate, including 80 acres of land, to a trust to be used to encourage UFO research and education through awards, fellowships and mini-grants over the next several years.

Lou was one of the most interesting people I ever met, and like many of you, I thought of him as one of my best friends.  He was one of a kind, and will be greatly missed, both as a person and for his many contributions to ufology.  His circle of friends goes far beyond the e-mail list I'm sending this message to.  If you have email addresses for others who knew and cared about Lou, please forward this message on to them.

Jerry Blackburn

---------------------









No comments: